Tuesday, August 30, 2011

the runner's hello

So today I had a 3 mile run due. I was feeling tired and crappy and I struggled with the idea of just sitting on my couch and do nothing, or run, but I was brave and went for the latter. When in doubt, the right answer is always yes because running does make me feel better. Every time.

I got back to my 9min/mile pace today just out of the blue. That makes me really happy. I have been kind of slow (slow = 10-12min/mile). But today I felt full of energy and I went back to "my pace". I felt like flying.

While running today, and as it happens many many times, I intercept another runner. It always amuse me a runner (almost) always say hello to other runners. More so than walkers. Much more (I am a walker, too). And it makes me feel that we share a secret. How (even that we do not look like) we are secretly having fun. How this is perhaps the best part of our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment